Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

Since 3 or 4 days, there is a valve ticking noise that is going worst and worst, didn't notice it in the begining but now it's LOUD! wasn't there last week....

Since i don't feel like it's common issue looking at the topics, anybody had previous experience with this?

Just don't feel like doing a head job in my basement if it's just a minor thing that eluded me....:D

thanks

P.S also the first start in the morning is also pretty loud but when it warms up, it falls back to the usual noise level???

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190e 2.3 16v 1985
16 Posts
I have this same problem with my car 190e 2.3 16v. I have no idea what is causing it.

With the start, I usually just shut it off immediately, wait a few seconds then turn it back on. 7-10 times it starts up strong and idles around 1000, then slowly creeps up to 1300 and stays there for the rest of the trip, never dropping or flip flopping around. I know it has something to do with the idle valve, but the rough/loud start I am very uncertain about. The other 3 times it stays rough, but as I accelerate, it smoothes the idle out. Again it stays pegged at around 1300.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts