Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a heck of a time starting the old girl the last week or so. Having known that the filters ,glow plugs and all that jazz was good, I figured the compression was at fault. So, I spent the weekend gathering the needed supplies,for a valve adj. I have done this before, but A quick refresher at dieselgiant for the details and I busted into it.As I removed the linkages I spryed them with brake cleaner and a liberal dose of grease. Fliped the cover over looked things over. Nothing looked out of place. Chain appears in good health(motors got 168K). I lined up the first valve and no/go on the feeler. 2+ turns on the nut before the feeler gos in. Pretty much the same on ALL +- 2 turns. Clean up and wipe linkages, valve cover, air cleaner ect till I got sick of it and buttoned it up. Changed oil and filter. Fired her up. LESS than 2 revolutions and she fired up and immediatly settled into a clatter that makes you say "Victory is mine!" WOW, now she flys. If your rig is a sled, try it, best 90 minutes you can spend bonding with these marvals of engineering.:)

PS I need the pivot from the firewall to the throtle rod. I'll have to fix that next week or so. $50 I ain't gots right now.;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I adjusted my dad's 240d and it purrs now:D:D I know what u mean,its a night and day difference...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts