Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
based upon your recs, i went ahead and bought the philips vision +. i'm going to install them this weekend. any pitfalls i should watch for? or just some advice? i think it should be a relatively simple procedure - following the manual.<br>
<br>
thanks for the info<br>
young<p>cn401590-a.norr1.pa.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Young, I installed mine about 10 months ago...

It's incredibly easy. Do the passenger side first, there's more clearance. It took about 5 min per side. You may want to do it at night, so you can install one side, then go for a quick drive to look at the slight difference, then install the driver's side. If you do them both at once you'll have a hard time seeing the difference afterwords. Whatever you do don't touch the bulb, I wore those cheap little surgical gloves just to make sure I didn't touch them. I also cleaned them with alcohol prior to installing them just in case someone else had touched them. We do get flashed once in awhile, but they really aren't that much brighter. Good luck and have fun!<p>cx262852-b.alpn1.sdca.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, geometrically they are the same as stock H7 - just follow the manual recommendations. Avoid touching the glass surface with your fingers - this will leave an oily film that might cause cracking due to very high operating temperatures of halogen bulbs.<br> Better yet, wipe them with a tissue dipped in rubbing alcohol prior to installation.<br> Mine have worked perfectly well for over 1.5 years, on all the time as I use DRL.<br> <br> One more thing - pay attention at the headlights alignment. If it's off, you might blind oncoming traffic.<p>proxy.dotcenter.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vadim...

Have you changed your high beams as well?? I haven't changed ours but I've thought about it. I wonder how much difference the VPs would make in the high beams? Take it easy.<p>cx262852-b.alpn1.sdca.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I haven't

I think they are fine with OEM bulbs. Realistically, I use them very rearly (mainly to wake up minivan drivers hogging the left lane:)), as I live near DC, where there are virtually no deserted roads to drive with high beams on.<p>proxy.dotcenter.net

1 - 5 of 5 Posts