Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Mercedes peoples,

I have recently started a complete overhaul of a w201 2.0 190e 89. Sportline, that I inherited.

Fetched a bunch of parts from the dealer, however, they sad that one of my vacuum valves is out of production. The valve is connected between the Thermo-vacuum sensor and the distributor. The part number engraved on it is A0011404260.
I have looked everywhere online and couldn't find any for sale.

Various online EPC websites are suggesting replacemet valves, but they have two connecting tubes instead of three.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround to use some other valves, or even better suggest where can I buy the mentioned part?

The engine is M102.962 and I am attaching a diagram that matches how everything is connected under the hood. Also a picture of the valve itself.

Thanking you in advance.
M.

·
Outstanding Contributor
'85 300D Turbo, '91 420SEL, '92 190E 2.6, '09 C350, '12 E63 Wagon
3,020 Posts
Google search shows them available in a few online stores, but in the past I've posted found, to be told that when an order was attempted the part was in fact not available.

Best of luck!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
1,058 Posts
I did a check over here in the brexit land and i get the same - no longer avaliable might be the best to pick up second hand but if seller knows they are in short suplly then get ready for a shock price wise ..

·
W201 Moderator
89 190E2.6- 5-speed Manual, 95 E320 Sportsline-sold, 2001 E320 4matic Wagon-sold
2,266 Posts
Sure looks like a standard check valve that is found in M103's fume return line near the charcoal canister etc.
Perhaps look around for a similar part.
Maybe find out what is the functionality supposed to be. Which way is the air supposed to flow and not flow.
What is wrong with yours?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody.

Anybody tried 10spares.com? They offer it for €80. I also found it on various Ukrainian and Russian web sites for similar price, no images however. I wouldn't like to get something I didn't pay for..

Also a bit pricey for a simple plastic check valve, plinker1722 was right!

Does this part do the same thing A1238000278? Found that one for under €10. Looks the same, except has different number. The description seems to match the function "Distributor vacuum check valve"

On my valve, the air is flowing in one direction from the side with two inlets, towards the side with one outlet. Mine still seems to be functional, however its all cracked and pieces of plastic are falling off. Since I am replacing all the vacuum lines, I would like to replace this valve and not wait for it to fail any day.

Once again thank you for all the replies.

·
W201 Moderator
89 190E2.6- 5-speed Manual, 95 E320 Sportsline-sold, 2001 E320 4matic Wagon-sold
2,266 Posts
If I were you, I would just order the readily available part you have in that picture and when it comes in check for same functionality with the one you have that is cracked up.

·
Outstanding Contributor
'85 300D Turbo, '91 420SEL, '92 190E 2.6, '09 C350, '12 E63 Wagon
3,020 Posts
Also, be very very careful when pulling the line off your current one. I've broken the little nipple off one of those brittle valves before. Best wait until you have the spare just in case before you try...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts