Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1984 380 SL
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a good chance someone more knowledgeable than I already posted this tip, but I just discovered it today. After a lot of wasted labor removing and then pulling apart the vacuum pods only to find out the diaphragms were fine (or not) I found a quick way to check without removing anything more than the hose going to the pod(s) Depress the top of the pod and put your finger over the nozzle where the hose is usually. Release the grip used to depress the diaphragm...if it stays depressed then the diaphragm is fine, if not well, time to take apart the pod. Painless. Wish I'd thought of it before I broke the wammeldecker that holds the pod to grabbansnatchen. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
1984 380 SL
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the two that operate the fresh air vent on passenger side, same on drivers side. But this would work with any pod that operates with a diaphragm that can also be operated manually I know people have vacuum tester unit thingamajigs but this is just a quick and dirty way to eliminate the diaphragms as the potential source of the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts