Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
Mercedes 1992 300e
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my 300e central locking doesnt work...I have replaced the vacuum and tested it and the motor spins much faster than the original and its creating vacuum but when i plugged it into the car the motor spinned and it was blowing air out of the module then i connected the vacuum pipes and it stopped. Now if i turn the ignition on i dont hear the pump working and the doors dont lock only the windows go up when i lock the car and i have the correct fuses can someone please help me with this issue.

· Registered
Mercedes 1992 300e
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok
Hello my 300e central locking doesnt work...I have replaced the vacuum and tested it and the motor spins much faster than the original and its creating vacuum but when i plugged it into the car the motor spinned and it was blowing air out of the module then i connected the vacuum pipes and it stopped. Now if i turn the ignition on i dont hear the pump working and the doors dont lock only the windows go up when i lock the car and i have the correct fuses can someone please help me with this issue.
Sorry i forgot the pump wont run when ignition is on my bad.

· Registered
300te 4Matic, 1992, 225,000 miles. W447 Vito Sport Long 116cdi, 2018, 70,000 miles.
557 Posts

· W163 and General M Gremlin
15,892 Posts
WhenIseerunonsentencesIjustrun

Reactions: Jayare

· Premium Member
2016 E350 wagon; 1994 E320 wagon
8,104 Posts
the CL (Central Locking) pump is both push and pull. IIRC, vacuum locks the doors, positive pressure unlocks but I might have that backwards. Next to the pump inside the CL controller is a dashpot thing that senses when the pressure or vacuum 'bottoms out' and shuts the pump off, so it doesn't run forever.

pump on right, dashpot switch thing in middle,

fried circuit board

· Registered
Mercedes 1992 300e
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the CL (Central Locking) pump is both push and pull. IIRC, vacuum locks the doors, positive pressure unlocks but I might have that backwards. Next to the pump inside the CL controller is a dashpot thing that senses when the pressure or vacuum 'bottoms out' and shuts the pump off, so it doesn't run forever.

pump on right, dashpot switch thing in middle,

fried circuit board
Thanks for the advice. This is not the problem I am facing, my cl pump runs fine when i test it out of the car both vacuum works and then switches to blowing air. If i conect it in the car it doesnt start when i lock the car. The pump doesnt run at all but the windows work when i lock the car. Can leaking vacuum lines not make the pump run. Thanks i appreciate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts