Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 S350D
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is the scoop it sounds like the dreaded rear pump under the seat the classic symptoms
locking system not working
back up guides not working
rear trunk latch not activating
the only thing that has me worried is that the fuse that controls all the above keeps blowing is this mormal when the pump fails..or is it something else i should know (1994 s350D)
thanks again

·
Registered
2002 s500, 2004 S500 fourmatic
267 Posts
All bet dollars to donuts your vacuum motor (under the seat) brushes are worn/broken. Thats what mine was in the exact same circumstance.

·
Registered
95 s280
43 Posts
I'll secong that diagnosis. I know the fuse issue may arouse your suspicions, but this is a very common problem, and if it doesn't turn out to be the pump this time, it will almost certainly fail in the future anyway, so best to replace it now!

Check out ebay for new pumps. Should cost around $425 or thereabouts. Extremely easy to fit. It was the first bit of work I had to do on my 95 S280.

·
Registered
1994 S350D
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[:)] OK did that bought the pump from germanstar and installed it with the retrofit kit No problem.. The thing is working as good as day one

thanks to all on the tips on how to install the the tubes ...If you go by the directions that are supplied with the retrofit kit you will never be able to fit the hoses into the valves

1 - 4 of 4 Posts