Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (AKA family Ski Sled)
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a smoke test on my W210 and found three vac leaks.

First was the oil cap. Thats easy

Next there is a wierd little rectangular box that comes off the Intake boot. The 45 elbow that connect the box to the boot is leaking. I have no idea what that part is called or the part number.

Finally, there is a hard plastic vac hose on the back side of the intake manifold on the drivers side. It is leaking where the plastic connects to the intake manifold.

Short of calling the dealer, how can I get these parts?

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,693 Posts
You are talking about the resonator I think.
Have a look at the link.
1121400087 1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 Base 3.2L | eBay

You can get the whole air intake flow tube with the damper (resonator) for 60 bucks.

The hard hose is either for the brake booster or the EVAP purge valve. Follow through the hose and see where it goes to.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,719 Posts
Here is your parts list.

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,958 Posts
If that's your first time replacing the brake booster line.... hoo boy. You'll be in for a fun time.

Here's a hint: the middle portion can be removed. The plastic fitting thats right on the intake cannot be removed from the intake -- it is part of it. The other plastic portion with a little tab on both side? That is the removable part.

Ask me how I found that out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay, that list is quite helpful.

When I did the smoke test, a decent amount of smoke came from that fitting. Am I correct in thinking that I dont really need the hose? I just need those three parts so that i can refresh the o ring.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,719 Posts
You will not know until you get hose out. Clamping rings has sharp teeth that damage hose when removed forcefully.

2020-04-07_123026.png

1 - 7 of 7 Posts