Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML500 Silver
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While inspecting my vacuum line and connections, I noticed that where the line connects to the rear of the motor has a very loose fit. I cannot pull it out without squeezing the release tabs, but I can move the hose in the connection almost and inch in and out. I cannot imagine there can be good vacuum with that connection.

I can now make my car throw MAF codes with higher rpm on deceleration while turning or going down hills. The motor must be moving around a little and the vacuum level drops.

I am still chasing some error codes 170 & 173 that are NOT due to the MAF (It has been replaced, tested with a known good MAF, replaced again and replaced again with Bosch insert from German Star). The next recommendation was to check the vacuum line, so here I am.

The hose is hard plastic and not split or damaged. I am going to wrap the end with electrical tape and see if I can get it to squeeze into place better.

Has anyone had this problem? Any better solutions?

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Is this the brake booster line you're talking about? If so, I noticed the same. I didn't pull it out much to see how it would go, but it did move in and out a little.

·
Registered
2002 ML500 Silver
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, after following it to the fire wall, it is the brake booster. I guess that vacuum line would not be the cause of my problems.

I get home to check and clear the codes that I thought would be there again (170 and 173) and this time it is a 400...egr. Never had that one before.

Joy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts