Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1967 230s 4sp 1985 380SEL auto
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search, and came up with the 1981 diagram, which is not for my model (Sep 85 380SEL with air pump).
The search did direct me to page 7 of the DIY thread, but the link just loops back to the first page of that thread. I have found quite a few broken links that the long term members will probably not be aware off, as they would not need them. Perhaps we should have a place to report them?

So, I have a vacuum line missing on my engine, the one from the top of the vacuum advance chamber on the distributor. Information on where it should go would be greatly appreciated.

I know. I will get a manual when I can find the correct one at the right price.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,771 Posts
The U.S. version vacuum diagram is in the DIY, and Flavio recently added the Euro.
Cheers

·
Registered
1967 230s 4sp 1985 380SEL auto
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The link from flavio's post in the DIY takes me to page 1 of the DIY. If it is post nr 86 from memory. I have seen 81 116 diagram and legend, but the line coming from the bottom of the vacuum box does not have a y piece with a line going to the air pump. Rather, it goes straight to a small box on the fender which google tells me is a vacuum control valve for the EGR. Part nr is 0015407097. There are two of those, next to each other, but configured slightly differently.
The top hole in the vacuum box on the distributor had a hook shaped rubber piece, which points down, but I can't see any spare lines anywhere. I have searched the Russian site, but can find nothing on the engine vacuum lines. I note that this has been a problem for others, but it appears that some of the diagrams have disappeared from some of the posts, which has been noted as recently as January.
So, still looking for that one vac line, all else seems present and correct.

I can also see that the belt that drives the air pump is missing, but everything else seems to be there.
Will that be a problem?

·
Registered
1984 500 SEC 49000 mi?. 1985 SEL 305000 mi. 1980 450 SL 70000 mi.L
9 Posts
500 sec Euro vacuum lines.

No one of this diagrams show a third thermovalve, my 500 have a third thermovalve and I need to know to and from where it connects.Thanks, Ivan

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
SSAG,
You connection from the dist. advance should go to a 4 way connector coming from the left#37 Temp-Vac Valve(nearest the passenger side Valve cover),Straight port(one slants, one is straight) thru this 4 way. This is for a 1984 Euro 500SEC/SE/SEL, but this much is the same as your car.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
I know. I will get a manual when I can find the correct one at the right price.
I have the manuals I can point you to.. PM me your email.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts