Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found two things wrong with my 190e 2.3 today. I have had a post on here for 2 months with great responses and today i found two problems. I found a broken thermo vacuum and have ordered a replacement.

2nd i found another part that was worn having to do with vacuum. It's located right by the ABS behind the headlight. It looks like some sort of 3-way vacuum check valve or something. It's worn and I'd like to replace. If you know what this part is and the number I'd really appreciate it.

I'm still having high idle issues and this is what I've done so far. it's getting expensive, but these two parts can't be too much more. My symptoms are high idle once warmed up.

Replaced, OVP, Battery, Alternator, ICV, Vacuum Modulator, ECU, temp sensor, fuel/mixture checked and on 50% duty cycle +/- 10.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Have you checked all the hoses for the ICV? they harden and crack and then your idle goes wonky. That happened with my '93 2.3.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry yes, I replaced the lower hose to the ICV. I haven't replaced the upper hose. Should I? From the posts I read the upper hose never seemed to matter. Mine seems fine

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
My upper hose looked fine but it was very hard and had a couple of cracks, and caused all the problems. You might want to just replace it; it cost me $35.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts