Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 E320 vacuum leak gave P0170 code; repaired leak error went away, but came back. Detected another leak (carb cleaner) at (what blowup at EPC is calling) distributor tube where it is going into intake manifold.

It looks like it is held in w/ u-clips, but they do not show up on diagram (and its a Mercedes-it can't possibly be that easy)

please advise what is involved and easiest way to fix leak.

Thank you

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Please click user cp and edit details to add your vehicle and location to your profile, it's useful information when you're seeking assistance.

To be honest I am really not excited about loading up the EPC to try and figure out what you're describing, and "fuel distributor" is about as useful a name in the W210 as "ignition distributor" would be.

How about a picture? Either a digital pic from your camera with you pointing at the location or the pic from the EPC with something to designate the actual item?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Updated. It is appx 16mm tube wrapping around intake manifold; there is an extension going to each cylinder. I'd assume it is coming from fuel injector and is supplying fuel to each cylinder. One of the intakes has the vacuum leak.

Don't know how to mark the pic; it is showing a black case, below that is the silver tube w/ 2 bolts holding it down....right in the center is a tee going down into the manifold.....

Attachments

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Ah, the fuel rail! Leave it to Mercedes to call it that! :D

The injectors each have o-rings, and that's the only thing I can think of that might be leaking since that's all that is there. I'd also think that if you have to replace o-rings on one, you may as well replace them all.

Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, thats why I went to EPC to see what it's called.

Is it as easy as it looks to pull out? From my limited experience w/ mercedes, 'easy' is not part of vocabulary. Also, is there a way to find spec on o rings, or is it a dealer item. And when installing new o rings, would you recommend any kind od lubricant?

Thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts