Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Mercedes 280SL
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently trying to source a length of vacuum hose. Does anyone know what sort/size of hose I ask the hose people for? (Pictured). Does it need to be 'vacuum' or will any same size nylon hose do?

Any help much appreciated
Thanks.

Attachments

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,166 Posts
I have heard of folk using silicone hose, although I must be missing something. I would think the silicone hose would be too flexible and collapse in uses where the vacuum is dead-headed, like a diaphragm actuator.

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,900 Posts
When I installed additional vacuum hose for aux electric pump to make central locking system independent of engine vacuum, I ran a nylon hose from a scrap VW Golf. It was given for free (with purchase of other things).

If original hose is not brittle but just cracked, use 1" silicone hose to patch - bridge broken parts.

There are dedicated vacuum hoses that are guaranteed kink free but made of rubber... not a long life item in the engiine compartment.

·
Registered
1983 Mercedes 280SL
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I found some nylon hose which looks identical to the hoses laced about the engine. Wasn't advertised as vacuum hose but sounds like it doesn't matter.
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts