Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy again. i got my 74 280se two years ago i only drove it once before having to replace the fuel pump and some other goodies from sitting so long before i bought it. after i changed everything i started noticing a little hesitation or a hiccup is more like it at certain speeds usu in between 35-45mph it wont cut off and it's not a misfire it'll do it once and awhile. i drove a 79 280se before that and the acceleration on that car was quicker it had the air assisted carburator lookin thing, my present one doesnt. well anyway i was just checkin on parts availability for the fuel system and i found out that the pump that was installed in my car is for a 4.5 liter v8, i have V6 2.8. is this the reason my car is sluggish and has the occasional hiccup? or is this pump ok and i should start lookin elswhere for the problem? like i said i only drove the car once before having to replace various items so i dont know if the car already had this issue. anybody got ideas?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Which pump are you talking about? The electric fuel pump near the rear diff?

Also MB never made V6 engines until 1998 so you have an inline 6 configuration in your 280.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which pump are you talking about? The electric fuel pump near the rear diff?

Also MB never made V6 engines until 1998 so you have an inline 6 configuration in your 280.
well i dont know much about engines i figured since it's got six cylinders that it was called v6. i didnt know there was a diff between inline six and v6. and yes it's the pump near the diff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts