Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, listen up. It works. I successfully retrofitted a 2000 year model car (E55) with a V60. The car came with the StarTac that none of the carriers will activate any longer. I went round and round with Mercedes of NA and they said it could not be done. They are flat wrong. It can and was done. The guy who does all of the phone installs for Ewing Autohaus Mercedes in Plano, TX did my install at the dealership and I bought the parts through the parts counter. Here is what you will need at a minimum:<br>
<br>
1. V60 Mercedes phone.............$595.00 or so<br>
2. PSE Module.....................$250.00<br>
3. Cradle Kit.....................$200.00<br>
4. Installation...................$175.00<br>
<br>
It is not a cheap proposition but it can be done. Furthermore, you will need be sure to tell who ever does your install which kind of car you have as some cars are a little different. You will also want to let them know if you have Voice Recognition as well as steering wheel and radio controls. This will help determine the exact parts needed. Call me if you need anything else. Hunter 469-766-2667

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Hunter--I got a estimate for over 3k to get my car phoned at the local MB dealership. I am looking for alternatives, and yours looks good. Can you direct me? I am in So CA.

·
Registered
91 300SE
1,229 Posts
Hunter,

Are you the same guy I met at Park Place MB in Dallas, who was talking to the lady behind the counter about this very same issue??

I was there getting a key cut - these people know less about mobile phone technology than I know about women - and that's scary!! [;)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts