Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this '03 S430 4matic with a bluetooth puck (plugged into the V60 connector).

Here's my experience with the iphone 3G and a few glitches that perhaps a few people can help me with.

The good parts.
1. iphone recognized the bluetooth device (after punching in the magic password#s) and picked up a few of my contacts.
2. Incoming calls worked flawlessly and reception as well as audio quality are good.
3. Was also able to use steering buttons to place calls to SOME contact numbers and hangup.

The bad parts.
4. Most of the contacts didn't even show up in the list of contacts.
5. Some of the contacts that were transferred did not work (I'm guessing the numbers that had +1xxxyyyzzzz converted the + to a * and it confused the software in COMAND).
6. Trying to edit or add contacts results in a "unable to write" error --- I'm not sure what it means - presumably it was trying to modify iphone's contactlist.

Anyone have any idea of workarounds or firmware upgrades that would fix this?

T.I.A.

·
Registered
W210.265/2001, W220/S500/2000, Porsche 997 C2S/2006, GMC K1500/1992
2,157 Posts
Neo65,
I just bought a new V60 punk from ebay who claimed represented a MB dealer and came with std. warranty. I should have it by 4/24 for $243. My intention is to add a 3G iphone to it. But in the mean time I will try my HP ipaq HW6515. I only have 25+ contact and do not use 1+.
What version of software in your 3G ? You need at least 2.2.1.1 from reading some of internet post.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My iphone is running fw v2.1

I never found a reason to upgrade the fw --- until now. I'll do that this weekend and give it a try.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2000 S500 Kleemann, 2007 S550
142 Posts
Hi Guys,
How are your bluetooth pucks / iphone working, Neo did you figure out the problem with your contact list.
I have a 2000 S500 with factory star tac phone which i want to upgrade with my 3GS Iphone is it easy to install the bluetooth puck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts