Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new driveshaft (nearside) Merc want £400 ! Have found shop on Ebay that reckons they could supply one for £80 ish, but they're not sure which shaft fits the V280 and have asked for the length of the shaft. Has anyone any experience of doing this or am I wasting my time. All help gratefull y received.

·
Registered
108d big orange shaggin wagon v280 639 109
280 Posts
I need a new driveshaft (nearside) Merc want £400 ! Have found shop on Ebay that reckons they could supply one for £80 ish, but they're not sure which shaft fits the V280 and have asked for the length of the shaft. Has anyone any experience of doing this or am I wasting my time. All help gratefull y received.
rite from passed ordering of cv ends v220 v230 v280 and 108D are all the same ends hope this helps:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Vito 111CDi 2004
1,109 Posts
Easy. With the van on the ground, undo the hub bolt (you need a big torque wrench). Then jack the van up, remove the wheel, undo the allen head bolts and remove.

Refitting is the reverse of removal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the inboard bearing that is knacked (get loud knocking when come off gas). Have been told that bearing only comes as part of whole driveshaft, assume this is B.S.

·
Registered
ML63 AMG & 2 350 SLK with AMG kit.
2,488 Posts
That's an inner pot joint.
Go find a drive shaft dealer.
Dave mac's coventry will help no problem.

Address and contact details
Dave Mac Propshaft Services
Address: 1-3 Northey Road, Foleshill, Coventry, CV6 5NF, UK
Telephone: work(024) 7668 3239
Fax: fax(024) 7658 1852

1 - 7 of 7 Posts