1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
V220CDI auto trend
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear benzeworld
I'm a newbie and just got myself a v230 auto on an s plate
I got it on ebay and am devestated to see it comes with a HUGE flip key, now this is a major problem for me as I keep my key in my shoe due to disability, what I want to know is can I get a normal size key cut that will unlock the doors and start the car or has it got an immobiliser chip in it? can the likes of timsons do it? if not I am stuffed and have just spent a fortune on a car I can't use,,
also I was reading the hand book and it said there is a button in the boot to lower the suspension and put it back up, but I can't find the darn button, the car seems to get lower when parked a few hours is this normal or an air leak?
thanks guys
Richie
Amazingfeet - YouTube will explain my key issue:)

·
Registered
213 Posts
hey.

I'm afraid you have to program the key. But let another confirm this.

About the air suspension, are you sure you got the feature? I mean, not all V-classes got it, and maybe you should be happy for don't having it as it can cause more issues then it is worth...

·
Registered
2000 Vito 113 , 2002 v230
127 Posts
key

You can get a chip key that is not a flip key, my 113 has one, but it won't have any buttons etc.
As far as suspension goes it sound like you have a leak, if you don't require the van to go up and down for a wheel chair I suggest getting springs.

·
Registered
108 CDI, Kawasaki Z750
55 Posts
The keys have a 'chip' which the anti-theft device has to recognise before it will let the motor start.

As a cheap and nasty solution, I think that you could get a copy of your key made, and hide the orignal key in a position so the anit theft devise would always recognise it (under the plastic next to the key barrel). You could then use your copy to start the car. This could save you the hassel of getting the dealership to program a new key for you.

Or as on.electric said, you could get a key that isn't a flip key programmed for your van.

on the suspension question, it sounds like you have the airsuspension installed and it is leaking, I have read that it is possible to swap this out for springs, which are alot more reliable.

·
Registered
V220CDI auto trend
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
who does keys

thanks guys
who can cut a chip key for me, all I want is a key with no buttons,
and also how do I disconnect the alarm as I don't want it arming, is there an rf antenna for the alarm somewhere I can take off? where is it? If I take the battery out of this key to stop it arming when I close the key will it still work as a remote if I put the battery back in when I sell the car or will it mess it up??
thanks
please let me know asap as I can't use it as it is, i'm scared of the alarm, arming and the key breaking in my shoe and then I can't turn the alarm off,, just want the alarm off so i can use it and then I can try and find a proper key,
thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts