Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there people, i am new to this forum thing and am hoping it might answer questions that i am finding hard to get answers to.
I have seen some other topics on this but none seem to be exact to my problem, The suspension sits right down on its lowest point when i first get into the car but it dont raise as fast as it used to so it is a bouncy drive until it does, but this dont happen every morning so it throws me out to find an exact problem, a mechanic i spoke to who didnt really know much about the air suspension side of things did say that MAYBE you need to drain some sort of air tank occasionally but again still didnt help me.. so please if any one has some wise words of wisdom please feel free to share.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too have an air suspension problem but mine is that the unit does not work and I have fixed it all exceot the two valves which I cant energise.

The unit has a pump with an accumulator (tank) that feeds to the two valves which feed to the rear suspension units.

The pump is a cylinder and piston that is driven by the electric motor. In the assemblt is a valve which is like a dump valve to offload pressure. As your suspension work sof sorts, I guess that you may have a leak in this unit which is your problem. I was surprised how much corrosion was inside the units.

see my thread on V230 suspension for a picture of the unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts