Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes V220
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every V220 fans,
I am an italiam happy owner of a V220 equpipped with an Alpine dvd navigation system connected to a Clarion tv/radio deck. Everything worked very well for 3 and half years.
One day suddenly the cockpit combi instrument where you can get all the necessary informations about speed, tank fuel level engine water cooling temperature etc. started giving wrong informations. the needles were going up and down without any relationship with the proper parameter like speed, rpm of engine etc.
By disconnecting the baterry + wiring and so resetting the combi instrument sometime it comes back to normal operation.
I went to MB car dealer and the diagnosis was : broken combi instrument that cost approx. $ 500.
Before replacing it with a new one I would like to test the broken one to see if there is some cheap component that could be replaced.
I am quite well skilled electronic engineer ( I installed by nyself the full navigation and audio/video system) but to check what happened I need the wiring diagram of this combi instrument.
Is there any chance to get the above wiring diagram from somebody ?

I will appreciate help

Gianfi

·
Registered
Vito 110 CDI
2 Posts
Wiring

Cannot help im afraid.

I have a Vito Window Van 110 CDi, one year old and wish to fit a phillips carin sat nav.

Could you help with where to find the right wires to connect POS NEG, Speed Pulse etc.

Many thanks

Matthew

·
Registered
Mercedes V220
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Matthew,
I can help you only with some info about the Speed Pulse.
You can connect ...

Hi Matthew,
I can help you only with some info about the Speed Pulse.
You can connect the wire going to the navi system to the wire N.4 on the connector N.2 that is on the back of the multi instrument. To remove that one you must unscrew the 2 screws on the top of the instrument. Than you can flip slightly down from the bottom in order to remove the full block. On the back you will see 2 connectors with all the wires that transport info about speed, fuel level etc. You must connect the wire from navi system to the wire connected to the pin 4 of the connector N.2 (the one on your right. To check wich is the wire going to the pin 4 you must disconnect the connector by slightly pressing down the top of the connector and then rotating by 180° the release lever.
That was the only connection I did additionally to the normal + & - to the power supply (car battery).
I could get the above wiring from Alpine, because the one I've got from MB was wrong.
I could check the proper connection on my navi system because it gives indication of pulses coming from Speed sensor, so you can be sure your wiring is ok.
Hoping that can help you.

Ciao

Gianfilippo

·
Registered
Vito 110 CDI
2 Posts
Many thanks for your help.

When i feel brave enough, i will try !!!!

Good luck with your search.

REgards

Matthew[:)]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts