Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
V220 CDI Ambiente
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am trying to find the correct K&N air filter for my V220 CDI.

K&N do not list one, but a few German sites on the net suggest that the 33-2764 is the correct filter.

I know that the 33-2764 filter is 315mm X 277mm.

I am going to take my filter out to check it, but I was just wondering if anyone had fitted one yet.

Phil

·
Registered
V220 CDI Ambiente
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave

I have PSI powerbox and it says that a K&N must be fitted to get maximum BH...

Thanks Dave

I have PSI powerbox and it says that a K&N must be fitted to get maximum BHP.

hmmmm

·
Registered
V220 CDI Ambiente
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: Thanks DaveI have PSI powerbox and it says that a K&N must be fitted to get maximum BH...

I have now fitted the K&N filter and the 33-2764 is the correct size for the air box on the V220 CDI.

·
Registered
V220cdi
27 Posts
RE: V220 CDI K&N air filter

Did it make a difference,power,SMOKE? I have slightly de tuned mine to stop smoke under full throtle, and I mis the power [V].
Did you get the curtans,heater sorted?
trust you had a great cristmas/new year,take care

·
Registered
V220 CDI Ambiente
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hi Dave

===== K&N =====

The K&N has made a difference, but I also increased the settings on the psi box, so I cannot say for sure that it was the thing that made the difference. The sounds from under the bonnet are louder, it hisses more and sounds aliitle more throaty on full throttle.

If the road is a liitle wet now I cannot floor it off the traffic lights as when the turbo kicks in it starts to wheel spin and the traction control spoils my fun [:D].

I took a friend to get his tyre fixed today, and on the journey I pulled away quickly up hill, he was amazed at the torque and acceleration.

===== HEATER =====

I fitted the new eberspacher d5wz heater today (as the old one was DOA). It works fine [:)].

I have also fitted the eberspacher clock/timer and the remote control. The clock fits perfectly in the space provided in the center of the interior light pod. I also fitted the remote control unit in the same pod. I have not yet connected these extras to the standard heater booster. Without having any kind of information like a haynes manual it is going to take me and my test meter a few hours the trace the wiring a figure out the wiring. There are only 3 wires, 12v+ 12v- and the switching wire, so I only have to figure out the one wire. I do have the installation instructions for the heater so no problems there. Once I have figured it all out I will post some photos and a step by step guide. (I am a qualified electronics engineer before you worry).

===== CURTAINS =====

I have not yet purchased the curtains, I am happy to pay the price for them if the come with all the rails, but no one will confirm that the kit comes with these. I keep looking at the MB direct showroom in Birmingham to see if they have one in with curtains so that I can have a look at the fittings.

Before I aquired my 'V' I had an Autosleeper motorhome and a BMW tourer, I think that I had hoped to turn it into a vehicle the was somewhere in between the two.

===== GENERAL CHAT =====

To me this vehicle is a;
A Luxury cruiser
An Office (that moves with me)
A living room (to relax in and watch TV/DVD)
A "top trumps" room for the kids on long journeys
A minibus
A van
A shopping car
And many things more

I have lost count of the amount of time that people have complimented it.

It turns heads everywhere.

I JUST LOVE IT.

When I was a teenager I remember cars always boasted their features across the rear end, can you imagine the badge that the v220 would have?

" 2.2 LITRE 16V TWIN CAM COMMON RAIL INJECTION TURBO DIESEL INTERCOOLER ABS blah blah blah"
[:D][:D]

I think I have waffled enough now.

Phil

·
Registered
V220cdi
27 Posts

SO whats rong with waffle!!!!
The curtan rails are a vairiation of the ruber strips
on the top of the rear&side door trims,ie replace the existing 4,+ fit to roof & to rear tail gate,apear to
just push on.
Hope it helps
PS curtans do not apear to be avalable on the new V

·
Registered
V220 CDI Ambiente
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I have finished the installation of the timer/remote it took 9 hours to work out the wiring!!!

Really it is not that hard once you know how:0)

On the back of the climate control unit on the dash it has a plug several wires on it, (i will count them and take photo). Two wires are missing, if you pull out the plug you will find that only one has a matching pin on the other side. (i will list the pin number later) this is the pin the activates the climate control and powers up the electric water pump. On the same plug there is a green/yellow wire, this wire powers up the heater booster when 12v+. BUT the heater booster also has an ignition feed wire, this needs to be switched to 12v+ too.(this meant taking out the passenger seat).

I will add more to this later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts