Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
v class 220 cdi
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had the v class for about a month now .Drove it 270 miles home and been driving it every day since.Ive had no problems until tonight.While driving on some back roads pretty steady it felt like it was missfireing/juddering.After a i had stopped for ten minutes waiting for a ferry it started as normal and drove off fine ,but then the engine just cut out on me.I immediately started it and it fired up fine.Was juddering again though.I have also noticed a noise which seems to be coming from under the car ,the sort of noise you get when your power steering pump is low on oil.Going to check fluid tomorrow but it was fine around lunch time as i checked all fluids .
Is there any common problem that this could be.Only bought it as we want to go to europe next year,but now im not so sure,.

·
Registered
v class 220 cdi
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
looks like i have lost the oil from the gearbox.there is fluid coming out from between the gearbox and the engine.Is there a seal inside that could of gone.Or would it be more likely that he torque converter seal has gone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts