Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 S500
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what company, if any, will warranty a 2003-2006 V12 S600? Continental used to but they dropped the program to my knowledge. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Where are you going with these threads? Here you are asking about warranties on newer W220 S-Class 12 bangers and elsewhere you want to know the scoop on W140 CL-Class and S-Class 8 bangers and whether you should avoid the older 12 bangers?

My advice is for you to scroll up and down the main forum page and ask your questions on the forums that correspond to your various cars. This forum is for general questions and yours are rather specific.

Good luck with whatever Mercedes you buy and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,110 Posts
Warranties are insurance policies and insurance companies don't lose money.

Odds are very much in their favor that you'll spend more with them than they will pay out to you.

If those aren't the odds, then as you've noted there will be no policies offered.

IMHO, if one cannot afford to own a brand new V12 S-class, one cannot afford to own a used one either. No one, especially a warranty company, is going to help you afford it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
vee 12 it looks good, and anything went wong is going to cost a fortune, worse are these newer ones everything is run by computer, even if u have deep pockets there're just not too many indie mech or shops out there to work on them for small price, and even if u dont mind to get your hands dirty.

Ins program they will make it a high deductible and low ceiling per yr. Only way is to buy a CPO re-furbished by MBdealers, but u will look at 2-3x retail price as they will carry a 2-3 yrs of extended W. But what will the deductible be?

In that rate u mind as well buy new, the lease payment will be so close anyways.

These V12 have steep depreciation, the 320 or 300 probably worth more than the V12 in 5-6yrs time. In reality the 300 doesnt save anymore gas than the 420 or 500.

I would stay away from them, more cyl= more maint cost, higher repair bill.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
As far as I know there is no deductible with the CPO warranties. IMHO that is the only way to buy a pre-owned Mercedes, especially the 12-cylinder ones and possibly the AMGs. That is if you are like me and have no good way to work on it yourself.

·
Registered
2009 GL320 - 2005 SL600 - 1989 260E - 1991 Allante - Old Jeep
154 Posts
Before you leap into a V12, call your auto insurance company. I had to leave Traverlers for Safco to insure my SL600.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Before you leap into a V12, call your auto insurance company. I had to leave Traverlers for Safco to insure my SL600.
wonder what u have to pay ?
in canada I think u can only buy these ins is when u bought a car from a used car dealer, your mileage has to be low, probably does not insure existing condition.
Dont they do a compression test first just like drs check our BP!

an ins co need to take a dollar and gave u 1/3 for repair. U figure they have to pay brokers, maintain office staffs, and profits in the end.

Same as Seniors travel ins were cheap during the 80s suddenly went sky high as too many claims.

Or bicycle policy wer cheap then suddenly they dont even sell them or high deductibles,
these are Canadian cases, may not apply to USA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts