Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I can answer my own question here if my car is running too hot, but at what temp. do most of your vehicles run? Mine was running at what I would consider a normal temp. during the winter months but as it's started to heat up even just driving down the road for a couple miles my temp will go over the halfway mark to somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 temp. I figure I'm in dire need of a radiator flush and fill but just wondered what other people's normal temp. is.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
It hovers around 80 degrees. When I get off the highway (after an hour of 80 mph+ driving) it's about 85 degrees.

·
Registered
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright. I feel a little better then. Mine is usually right around or slightly about 80. Most other cars I've owned never get near the halfway mark.

·
Registered
2000 CLK
383 Posts
85 degree ????? lmao lmao .. dude he's talking abot the car temp. not the weather here

my car did the same thing and i had the radiator flushed but it was still going a little over half , specially when i drove it hard , my mechanic said this was normal for a mercedes to heat up like that in the summer ,, as long as you're not at 3/4 or at the red line , you should be good

good luck

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
Yeah, I had my radiator flushed and the temp still touched the 90 degree mark sometimes if I drove a lot in the heat with the AC on. BUt usually stays around 80-85, and as far as I've read, it is normal.

On the E55 forums, those guys mess with their termostats to lower the temps...but I'm not sure we should if we are not Super Charged..

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
qslick74 - 5/13/2005 9:12 AM

85 degree ????? lmao lmao .. dude he's talking abot the car temp. not the weather here

my car did the same thing and i had the radiator flushed but it was still going a little over half , specially when i drove it hard , my mechanic said this was normal for a mercedes to heat up like that in the summer ,, as long as you're not at 3/4 or at the red line , you should be good

good luck
Ummmmmmmm Duh!

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 Clk320
239 Posts
Mine is normally 80-85 also.. sometimes a little higher if im sitting in traffic after driving hard, but never reaches 90. I was curious about this too because my other cars never go above half. Glad to see that this seems pretty normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts