Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I hope someone can help me with this, I have a 2004 E55 and I wanted to use my ipod video (touch) to work with the stereo system so i can see the videos on my cars display. my car is made for the European region and it came with the TV tuner, when i choose video i can see two other inputs ( AUX 1&2) other then TV.

I have read somewhere on this forum that if the TV module was there u can easily connect after market DVD players or video game consoles. but where is this module located and how do I connect to it?

I also have a 2008 G55 that I wish to have the same setup for, are they the same?

Cheers!

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
The TV tuner itself should have AUX video inputs, I assume those have not been wired anywhere and you should plug to the tuner (which isn't really practical) or preferably wire a connector from the tuner to a convenient place in the car.

(I did not check if the G55 is the same as the W211).

·
Registered
362 Posts
The TV tuner in the 211 E-class is located behind the left side trunk panel. And as Diesel Benz says, you may want to run an extra wire to whatever location you want to use for the DVD player / changer, or an iPod video or Playstation etc.

As for the 2008 G55... those are MOST based, right? Hmm... they probably use a similar comand unit as in the 2005+ 203 / 209 and the 164 (Euro specs). Meaning that a TV tuner can be hooked up, but TV / DVD while in motion is something you can't versioncode in the comand unit itself.

Also, the 2008 G55 comand probably won't play movie DVDs by itself, either. The unit can't be compared to what you have in your 211 E-class.

greetingz,

BigSis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Opened the trunk of the E55.. can't seem to find it, is it next to the navigation dvd device?

the G55 has the exact comand as the E55

·
Registered
2004 E Class 320 CDI Avantguarde
13 Posts
I'm trying to find the aux input for the video in my car, but have looked everywhere!!

I have a 04 e class with Command, DVD, TV Tuner and a rear TV in the centre console. The TV in the rear has av aux input underneath it, i'm presuming thats for the rear screen only. On the rear it says AUX, AUX1 and AUX2. On the main Command screen it just says AUX1 and AUX2.

I've tried plugging into the rear TV aux and dont get anything when i select AUX1 or 2 on the front Command screen. I can't check the rear coz i need to find the remote to change the channel.

I have checked the glove box and haven't found anything there. I've also checked the boot but can't find anything there either.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
I'm trying to find the aux input for the video in my car, but have looked everywhere!!

I have a 04 e class with Command, DVD, TV Tuner and a rear TV in the centre console. The TV in the rear has av aux input underneath it, i'm presuming thats for the rear screen only. On the rear it says AUX, AUX1 and AUX2. On the main Command screen it just says AUX1 and AUX2.

I've tried plugging into the rear TV aux and dont get anything when i select AUX1 or 2 on the front Command screen. I can't check the rear coz i need to find the remote to change the channel.

I have checked the glove box and haven't found anything there. I've also checked the boot but can't find anything there either.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Isn't it like with your home TV, if you select "AUX something" instead of a TV channel, you would use the AUX input from the TV set, should be the same for the MB TV tuner. What does your user guide tell?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Isn't it like with your home TV, if you select "AUX something" instead of a TV channel, you would use the AUX input from the TV set, should be the same for the MB TV tuner. What does your user guide tell?
I don't have a manual and the ones i have downloaded just say speak to the dealership :(

Lets forget about the rear screen for a minute, i think it will just confuse things. (there are aux on this but i think its just for the rear montior and not the front)

I want to know where the yellow red and white plugs are on the car so that i can plug something like i would plug into my tv at home? On a post above somebody did mention it being in the boot?

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
I don't have a manual and the ones i have downloaded just say speak to the dealership :(

Lets forget about the rear screen for a minute, i think it will just confuse things. (there are aux on this but i think its just for the rear montior and not the front)

I want to know where the yellow red and white plugs are on the car so that i can plug something like i would plug into my tv at home? On a post above somebody did mention it being in the boot?
Why you say you plugged into the rear TV AUX, did you mean the rear monitor instead of the TV tuner at the rear (trunk)?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why you say you plugged into the rear TV AUX, did you mean the rear monitor instead of the TV tuner at the rear (trunk)?
Sorry my fault, I meant to say rear monitor. :)

Where exactly is this tv tuner box? I'm assuming its in the boot of the car but any idea where?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the info DB, I must sound really stupid (but im not really!! :D)

I can't for the life of me work this out! :confused:

Ok, i have the ability to watch tv on the command, so i guess i have a tv tuner.....right?

I've looked in the boot...... as you can see.......

The only place i haven't looked is behind the carpet panneling, surely you're not expected to rip all that out to connect an av lead..........or are you? :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
The only place i haven't looked is behind the carpet panneling, surely you're not expected to rip all that out to connect an av lead..........or are you? :dunno:
I'm afraid the AUX inputs are not wired to a visible place but instead you have to plug directly to the tuner connectors as you can see from the photo of the unit. I understand that the connectors are anyway intended for additional fixed installations, not for temporarily used portable devices (usually one could not control those anyway when left to the trunk).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts