Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, could I take the CD player out of my wife's 2004 C230 and put it in my 2002 SLK32? She never uses the darn thing, ever and I love having selected music to set the mood when I drive. Her's is mounted in the glove box. I know my stereo doesn't have a CD button, just a tape button, but they asked me when I wanted the car if I wanted one. I said no because they wanted 800 bucks for it. Pfff that's a lot of Xm radio for 800 bucks.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
What Head Unit (HU) do you have now? It would have to have the Fiber Optic connection to use a MB CD changer I think.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
So you do have a CD button! It is up and right of the volume button, it just doesn't work. I would think your wife's player should work, check the part number. I think for my 2002 it is A 203 820 90 89. The problem will be getting the fiber optic cables connected correctly, I don't fully understand how that is supposed to be set up. There is a Technical Service Bulletin describing it at http://phdwebsite.powerpulse.cc/V60i Documents/02-03 D2B Config Bulletin.pdf. If you dig around, he has a lot of good information and TSBs on his site. I have also heard that even with everything connected properly, MB may have to code something so the CD changer will work. There also was recent thread about finding a bracket for the changer. The fiber optic and power cables are already in your car, on the right side of the trunk. Good luck if you decide to give it a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts