Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2010 C300 with the latest map update. My wife is pissed because she can't put in new address destinations while I'm driving. The car makes us stop to put them. Can this be defeated?

·
Registered
c350 2009 Black on Black
38 Posts
This is the safty feature.

Also if you have voice activation you can put in an address this way and still drive.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We don't care to use voice activation. I find it aggravating that we need to stop to put in destinations. This should be a safety feature that can be turned on and off.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
We don't care to use voice activation. I find it aggravating that we need to stop to put in destinations. This should be a safety feature that can be turned on and off.
I guess it isn't a big issue for you if you do not care to use voice control to overcome the restriction. European cars typically allow address entry in motion but it may not be straightforward to code the US Comand this way unless the engineering mode settings support this, then it would be straightforward.

·
Registered
2010 Mercedes C350, Iridium Silver
2 Posts
I understand this frustration...my wife's 2006 Infinit QX56 has this Navigation restriction *without* any option for voice commands, and no option to turn it off. I remember asking a local 'car toys' shop if there was a way around this and he mentioned that some sort of switch could be added to the nav system that would deceive it into thinking the car was stopped. You enter the address and then throw the switch back on (I guess it was a wire for the GPS signal). I never followed up on it though. Seems like there should be some secret engineering setting to override this...
As for the voice control on the Mercedes (I have a brand new 2010 C350), I would give it try. I was able to enter my home address using voice commands on my first drive back from the dealer. It's definitely not as quick and easy as using the joystick, but once you personalize the voice system and go through a few address entry examples, you can set your destination without pulling over to the side of the road :)

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
Can't be turned off in the engineering menu maybe the dealer can through STAR but I don't think they will as it is a safety feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts