Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to use the AUX input from a standard HK radio with a cd changer. I can hit the CDC button for 3 seconds and it tells me the AUX is on. My objective is to hook up Sirius radio. The dealership tells me there is no way to retro-fit the factory set up. It had to be ordered from the factory. Fine. I just want a direct connection from a plug and play unit. The dealership tells me they could do it for an 05 but not an 06. I don't know that the difference is. The head unit looks the exact same. Is it just an adapter that they didn't come out with yet? Is it a marketing scam? Can I use an IPOD set up just to connect sound? Somebody help. I don't think I am getting a straight answer from MB.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I think you can order the Sirius radio pieces as replacement parts but not as a complete kit. Then install it as DIY or find an installer. After that, MB will have to version code it in MOST.

The alternative is to go for a dash top Garmin 2730. This is a great GPS and has XM Radio, XM NavTraffic, and a MP3 player.

http://forums.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1244366&start=1&fid=27

·
Registered
603 Posts
You could ask the dealer if they are willing to wire it for you...............try calling another dealer.
You could also have the auxillary input harness installed then use a stand alone unit......
The jack would typically be installed in the glove box.
Sam

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you think I can actually use the AUX port? I looked in my glove compartment for one but I didn't find it but I didn't start dismantling anything either. I read that there was an AUX port in there for some models. Maybe the command system? I will also try another dealership. Thanks for the info.

Jason

·
Registered
603 Posts
You will have to have the auxillary harness installed, its not equipped with it from the factory on the audio 20 head unit.
The dealer has the installation instructions.
Sam

·
Registered
98 Posts
as of 06 sat is not pre-wired it can be retrofited i have done a bunch. you could add the aux harness but sound quality would suffer ( just like the i-pod) the best way if you want a factory install is to retrofit it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer told me they couldn't retrofit the factory Sirius unit. It couldn't be done. Where did you get one to retro fit. Where should I go to have it done. Also, are you talking about the hookup that would display in the radio and you can use the buttons on the steering wheel to control just like it was installed at the factory?

·
Registered
98 Posts
i install them my self they work just like 05' all features work the same and i use all mb parts i just figured it out i just build my own harness

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should I start by ordering the 05 Sirius kit from the dealership? What do you need to build your own harness? I have no idea what it looks like or how hard it is to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
jason.navarro
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing