Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just aquired a CLK430 and it has all the support for the timeport phone. I have a Timeport (p8767) and I like to use it instead of having to buy a new one. I've heard conflicting information if I can or can not use it (it doesn't work now so I assume at least a Firmware upgrade will be needed). I hate to have to buy a new one when I have the same one.<br> <br> Any thoughts.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You will need the 'special version' of the 8767 to have it interface w/the audio system. The one you need has the MB logo on the front.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's firmware in the phone itself. It seems like it's another way for MB to re-coup the cost of the integrated system. The handset is sold directly from MB, or, keep an eye on ebay - sometimes you can pick one up cheaper than the dealer. The dealer price seems to be about $600. or so just for the handset.<br> <br> You may also want to consider moving up to the MB V.60 phone and change the cradle in the console and sell your old 8767 it probably wouldn't cost you too much more.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim, I have the same problem. I just got a CLK55 and did not get the phone interface for the Comand system because I already have a V60. I did not get anywhere with MB about this issue, so I think I may have to bite the bullet and get the MB phone and sell or give away my new V60 Motorola. Im asking in different forums about a possible pi-assignment adapter or something to hook this up.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, all you need is cradle that supports TimePort and proper PSE.<br> I know there are issues that TimePort needs special hardware.<br> I have V60 and it doesn't have MB logo and works in any MB car that is ready for V60.<br> as long you are wired for timeport it should work.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is really interesting. I'll have to find an owner so I can test my phone on that cradle. I'd hate to plunk $1750 for the kit and find out I have to buy the MB phone anyway.<br> Thanks<br> Ray

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my bad, i forgot that i have special phone.<br> MBUSA has special motorola timeport and V60 phones. they have special software so they can talk to PSE.<br> but this might change.<br> AT&T is going GSM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts