Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
OEM auxillary coolant pump failed again after 50k miles. Replacement OEM pump sells anywhere from $226 to 306 as of today. This time I decided not to bite it since it only lasted 50k miles and the original pump lived even shorter life than that. So I bought Bosch 392020039 Electric Water Pump from Amazon for $70. This pump is know to be original pump for VW or Audi cars.

MB pump has the Bosch part number 392020044 and made in Germany. 039 is made in Mexico. These are essentially the same pumps including the power plug, impeller design and the sealing gasket (last picture). Only difference is that 039 has significantly larger diameter inlet/outlet ports. Instead of stretching the radiator hoses, I simply removed the original top portion and refitted to the new pump. Used the new gasket since the old gasket was flattened. Any coolant leak from this top part will enter the motor unit and kill it sooner than later. I wish they designed the motor part on top, impeller at the bottom to avoid this issue. After 10 minutes, I had the OEM pump for only 30% of the online retail price. One should not have any concern for buying this version.

Here are the pictures. DIY for the R&R is on the DIY sticky.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

(C) Daimler AG 2002
hi,
My name is Jacek, I'm Polish.
I have in mind the project bring VW latebay '79 on the frame of the Mercedes ML. I need scans frame dimensions ML, I have to check that fit into this frame and engine, gearbox of the Subaru 2.2L.
Can you help me?
My email: jacek.str (a) interia.pl

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
Front and Rear differential oil sheet 235.74

MB changed the differential oil recommendation from 85/90 to 75/85. The new fluid number is 001 989 3303. The old fluid 001 989 1703 is no longer in production and the new fluid is significantly more expensive. Currently, online retailers are selling -3303 for a much lower price than dealers. If you want to stick with the original spec, you will need to use other 85/90 fluids that are available from MB or even aftermarket names.

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Correction to Diagnostic manual - 10.4 ESP Model 163 as of MY1999

The Diagnostic manual - 10.4 ESP Model 163 as of MY1999 attached to Post #76 on this thread, has an error in the Test Section (23), subsection 28.0, at page 23/9.

The correct voltage range for the Rotating Speed Sensor for ESP (B45) - or Yaw Rate Sensor - "Supply Voltage from N47-5" on Page 23/9 in subsection 28.0, of the 10.4 ESP Model 163 is 4.75 - 5.25V. The 11-14V voltage range is incorrect.

The 4.75-5.25V is a similar range with the other sensors in subsection 26.0, 27.0, 27.1, and 29.0, on page 23/9 of the document.

The correct chapter (p23) of the document is attached.

It seems that the error is introduced by the original repository of the document, when printing as a full document, as opposed to chapter by chapter.

I hope this helps,
mercbentz

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here is a very useful link about the 722.6 transmission. Feel free to post it for other models where the 722.6 transmission is used. This link it to a manual for the 722.6 transmissions with details of common problems.

25 July 2018 No longer there

·
Registered
269 Posts
Index of all wiring diagrams - ETM online.

You need to install Autodesk Design Review before you can view the diagrams.
Calling.. Dr.X

Thanks Dr.X for putting up a link to "wiring diagrams", but I can't seem to be able to import them into AudoDesk.. What am I doing wrong?... I've got Index of all wiring diagrams - ETM online. "open"... I've got AudoDesk "open"... What now?... Thanks, again ... Bobby

GOT IT.. .dwf files in downloads.. Thank You very much Dr.X.... Bobby

·
Registered
24 Posts
Every member should feel free to post important documents to this thread.

I am posting Recall Campaigns for W163. This should at least help the new ML buyers.

Please do not post discussions here.
Thanks!
I never received a single notice of any of these recalls. I also had the hose clamp on the steering pump fail totally, TWICE while driving on the freeway . They replaced it TWICE with a similar crappy clamp.....Never buying another MB , after I had bought 4 of them in my life . They are now turning to crap manufacturing.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts
About this Discussion
116 Replies
34 Participants
Carmel Vella
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing