Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300E modded, ML500
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder why you say that,

I thought mercedes resale values were good but i've noticed in the car shopping market, the rx holds its value they are selling 60 % of original and so does the x5 ( 50 % of the original )

but the ml seems to have a worser resale value, it is usually like you said not very expensive !

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,555 Posts
It's a regional thing. Here, the prices haven't budged that much.

They've dropped some but not as uch as I'd have expected. I think the lack of 3rd row and less interior room of the 06 will attarct only a very specific class of buyers. A lot of people with families who want the ML will move to the W163 and that will not help drop the prices, especially in the rural areas. And these people want 3rd row, so 3rd row will be prime. I doubt there'll that much of a price drop on the 163s. I think that despite the W163's problems, there's still a big crowd out there that want the ML - it was a very successfull vehicle for DC, BTW!!!

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
20,284 Posts
Any lower on the price of MLs and they'll be free! [:D]
Yes, I think our local Kia dealer is giving away free W163's with every Sorento purchased[:)]

- RODNEY

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2000 C280
920 Posts
RE: It's a regional thing. Here, the prices haven't budged that much.

Not everyone is hauling around the Brady Bunch! I personally avoid 3rd row seating like the plague. Not only are 3rd row seats typically worthless and eat up cargo room, they also have the insidious effect of scrunching up the 2nd row seat leg room.

DelJ

Darkmann - 3/14/2005 6:00 PM

I think the lack of 3rd row and less interior room of the 06 will attarct only a very specific class of buyers. A lot of people with families who want the ML will move to the W163 and that will not help drop the prices, especially in the rural areas. And these people want 3rd row, so 3rd row will be prime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts