Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 86 560SL and need to find transmission shifter rod part# 107 260 3333. These are currently NLA from MB dealerships. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Mike

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
Well you should be looking in the for sale forum. Shouldn't be hard to find. But whats wrong with the one you have.

I just restored one. Very difficult to get apart but wire brush the exposed threads chase the thread down as far as you can with a 10mm x1.5mm die and blow off debris, Soak repeatedly in penetrating oil for a month. Hold the pivot fitting in a vice lightly and remove the nut first. Then re-chase the thread down to the pivot fitting and blow away all debris. Clap the rod into the vice and remove the pivot fitting.

The penetrating oil for a month is the hard part.

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My issue is that a NON Mercedes mechanic removed the transmission and bent the rod severely. Just a FYI, Adsit has approx. 20 R107's that they correctly part out. They had the rod and were very helpful on the phone. Quick shipping as well. My issue is solved. Thanks for the tip. Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
magicbigdaddy
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing