Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I was wondering if the USA-versions of the W126 have the corners lit up incombination with low-beam.
Overhere in Europe the corners do not light up, but it looks kinda cool to me, so I would like to have my corners in USA-style.
click this for an example

Can anyone tell me what I would need to get myself USA-style corners?

Thanks in advance!
Ferdi

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,244 Posts
Hi there,

I was wondering if the USA-versions of the W126 have the corners lit up incombination with low-beam.
Overhere in Europe the corners do not light up, but it looks kinda cool to me, so I would like to have my corners in USA-style.
click this for an example

Can anyone tell me what I would need to get myself USA-style corners?

Thanks in advance!
Ferdi
Welcome. Please complete your profile. To re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the page, will show you how to complete a profile, search the forum, and has the link to the Russian MB site with an exploded parts view, and to run a VIN #.
Try a search (3 words) on the subject. Ebay USA wouold be an obvious source.

P.S. Fellow moderator a3jeroen is in Alkmaar, and might be able to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
775 Posts
You would need a US pin connector. They have a wire that doubles back form the headlight and then to the turn signal. The US turn signal plug has a 3-prong connection instead of the euro 2-prong. You could run a wire from the headlight to the turn signal so it comes on at the same time although I'm not sure how that would effect the blinker function.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Mercedes Only in Hapert does a lot of dismantling on US cars.
Maybe you can start from there.

Welkom trouwens.

gr J

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi J

gave the guys in Hapert a call; they didn't seem to be all that happy when I asked if they would have what I need. All they could sell me were the complete USA-corners....€ 30,- a piece :confused:
Well, I will keep my eyes open.....it's not something I need...just wannahave :D

Thanks for your suggestion....

Mercedes Only in Hapert does a lot of dismantling on US cars.
Maybe you can start from there.

Welkom trouwens.

gr J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts