Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1967 250 SL, 1965 300SE lang
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm switching my US lights to Euro lights and was wondering if someone could provide simple instructions for wiring. I'm sure this has been asked before, but I haven't found it.

thanks

Scott

·
Premium Member
1967 250 SL, 1965 300SE lang
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, so here is my observation. Let's consider the left side only for discussion purposes:

US has a 4 pin plug
1 Grey/Green
2 Brown
3 Yellow/Black
4 Black/White

The wires going to the US headlight include ground, + for low beam, + for high beam, + for fog light. Corner light is on a separate plug and would have ground, + for parking, + for turn signal

Euro has a 6 pin plug
1 Vacant
2 Brown
3 Grey/Black
4 White/Black
5 Yellow/Black
6 Grey/Green

The wires going to the Euro headlight as best as I can tell have wires going from headlight to corner light directly, so how do we get five positives plus a ground out of a 6 pin plug that only uses 5 pins since one is vacant? Plus the Euro lights have a little lightbulb in the main reflector, assumedly a clearance light.

THANKS

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
The Euro lights have the city light, which is essentially taken by the park lights residing in the corner lamps.

So either you swap the wire from the corner light into the main 6 pin plug to get the city light effect (and removing park light function on corner lamp)...

Or tap this wire and the 6th missing slot in the 6-pin plug using another wire.

I did the latter, and just taped off the second contact in the dual contact bulb to negate the park light function in the corner lamp. That way all I have to do to get the park light function is remove the tape, but still have city lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts