Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Actually: S202/R129/C126/ 2W124/S124/ C124/A124/C123/ 2W201/W115/W108
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need urgent help, Can I put a 2000 Complet instrument cluster (with Digital Total KM counter) on a '90 500 SL?
I have one on Ebay, but I need to know this to bid or not to bid...

·
Registered
300SL
9 Posts
If your cluster has the mechanical odometer than you can't replace it with a digital one.

If your cluster has the mechanical odometer than you can't replace it with a digital one.

·
Registered
Actually: S202/R129/C126/ 2W124/S124/ C124/A124/C123/ 2W201/W115/W108
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, It must be possible!!!!

Hi, You and my benz dealer saids that this isn't possible, but I don't believe the things that normaly the benz dealer saids and with my curiousity I found this pics of a 90 SL:

Attachments

·
Registered
300SL
9 Posts
I just pulled my cluster a couple of days ago with mechanical odometer as I lost a coupl...

I just pulled my cluster a couple of days ago with mechanical odometer as I lost a couple of functions on the cluster. (I fixed it.) Turns out the electronics are quite different between the mechanical odometer and electronic odometer cluster. If someone succeeded then they had to replace more than just the cluster. Check with the owner of the 90-electronic cluster.

Rudi

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Yes, It must be possible!!!!

Hi, You and my benz dealer saids that this isn't possible, but I don't believe the things that normaly the benz dealer saids and with my curiousity I found this pics of a 90 SL:
I've never compaired a '00 model year cluster to an older one to see how similar they were but if you were to order a new replacement cluster for you car from the dealer, the new unit would have the digital odometer you have in your picture.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree with edon
The 129 and 140 chassis earle anolog odometer are superseded by the d...

I agree with edon
The 129 and 140 chassis earle anolog odometer are superseded by the digital type. No extra parts are needed,I believe the anolog odometers for the 129 and 140 are no longer available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts