Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. First of all I did went through search. [:p]
I did see some interesting opinions.

Here goes my issus. My car was having issus with not able to run smoothly when I stepped on the gas pedal. Sometimes when I step on the pedal, the car will not response or will response very slowly.
Check Engine light on and I took it to see the doctor. They said it is the oxygen sensor. Okay. That was change two months ago. Nothing improved (check engine on AGAIN) but it wasn't major problem so I just let it be that way.

Today when I turned the key to start the engine. The RPM goes up then just drop dead to zero and the engine won't start. I turned the key again and this time I put my foot on the gas pedal so the RPM won't drop dead. It runs by doing this way but the engine is choking and shaking me like a massage chair. The car will run but whenever it is at stop, it is shaking. You can even hear the exhaunt note is not smooth either. [xx(]

Before I take him to see the doctor and might give him the wrong medicine AGAIN, anyone has any idea? [:0]

·
Registered
98 SLK 230
165 Posts
I had a similar problem. When I pressed on the gas, the car would just not go...And it then had trouble starting...

The solution (you wont like this!) was replacing the MAS (it had oil on it). In addition, the throttle linkage was replaced.

The codes that are read should give an indication of what is wrong. Ask your mechanic what the codes are, and what they mean.

I'd recommend that you check the MAS for any contanimation. From the board, there can be several causes of contanimation.

Best of luck,
Pat

·
Registered
SLK32
915 Posts
LOL. I read the title and I thought it said...

Urgent! Need some advice for choking my baby.

Hahahaha[:D][:D][:D][:D][:0]

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I took it to have a check and you guys are right. The MAS (MAF) is flooded with oil and the spark plugs have too much carbon on them.

After changing the spark plugs and cleanning the MAF, the car got way better but not perfect. I will sure do some more cleaning to the MAF to see if that will improve.

Thanks for all the advice. [;)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts