Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm visiting relatives for the holidays, and just lost my power steering, looks like fluid loss. Tele-aid is no help. I want to drive home tommorrow and fight the wheel ( I can get some very hard steering). Is it something I should try? Can I mess up something else? Thanks for the help - 2001 CLK430 in Orlando

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you really want to try it:<br> First replace the power steering fluid, and look for any obvious leaks. <br> Second, if you power steering now works, you know what the problem was.<br> Third, drive home after replacing the fluid, and take a few extra bottles with you. Check the levels every 30 minutes to be safe.<br> <br> Call MB, and ask them what brand of fluid to use.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With out fluid, i think your power steering could be over heat while driving home because the ......

<br> power steering pump is running when engine is on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just call roadside assistance, and tell them to come tow the car, if they dont Threaten them,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you get stuck a certain distance away from home and they cannot repair the fix, i believe that MB pays for your hotel room.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trip Interruption Reimbursement: Immediately go to 5 star hotel >>>

If you are more then 100 miles from home, and a breakdown like you are describing, MB pays up to $300 per day for actual documented expenses till your car is fixed - under the New Car Warranty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Trip Interruption Reimbursement: Immediately go to 5 star hotel >>>

Well, Imarco, what happened????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts