Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to buy a 2009 ML 350 4Matic. Specs are as follows. Prem package 1, HM Sound System, I-pod integration, HD radio with Sirius, NAV, rear view cam, trailer hitch, aluminum running boards, rear entertainment system, heated seats, leather

It has about 33K miles on it with 1 year left on warranty.

I have a deal at 33.5K. What do you think? New to MB so some guidance would be great.
vparuchuri is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

·
It was fun while it lasted
11,119 Posts
I am ready to buy a 2009 ML 350 4Matic. Specs are as follows. Prem package 1, HM Sound System, I-pod integration, HD radio with Sirius, NAV, rear view cam, trailer hitch, aluminum running boards, rear entertainment system, heated seats, leather

It has about 33K miles on it with 1 year left on warranty.

I have a deal at 33.5K. What do you think? New to MB so some guidance would be great.
vparuchuri is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
It sounds like a good deal. Does it have service records? Some dealers will provide VMI after you purchase it. Those who have something to hide usually balk at providing you with everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is not from a MB dealer. Can I get the records if I have the VIN number? Or how do I go about that.

·
11,119 Posts
This is not from a MB dealer. Can I get the records if I have the VIN number? Or how do I go about that.
If it's an individual, have THEM get it for you. The dealer will not provide this info if you are not the owner. If it's a vehicle dealer (not MB), you may be out of luck. The 2009 models are much better in reliability since they don't have the issues such as front differentials and balance shafts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man thanks. Can I get a VMI from the dealer if I have a VIN? But the VMI does not talk about general service though, right?

·
11,119 Posts
Man thanks. Can I get a VMI from the dealer if I have a VIN? But the VMI does not talk about general service though, right?
The VMI is a Vehicle Master Inquiry. Any warranty repairs performed on this vehicle will be listed (and non warranty repairs performed at dealer for vehicles out of warranty). As I said before, the dealer will not give you the VMI without proof of ownership since they will claim privacy issues. If you have an inside relationship with a service advisor or manager, you might get one. The previous owner should have at least written down when maintenance was performed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Since you are buying from an individual, and depending on where you live, consider having it inspected by a local independent MB mechanic if you want. And def tr to get some service records if you can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts