Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320 Convertible
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brabus Monoblock IV rims Urgent help needed

I need centering rings for these Brabus wheels I just bought. I am not to computer savvy plus I do not know the size I need. Here are the wheels:

18x8.5" Brabus Monoblock IV Style 183 Wheels. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Edited yiyle some future person in need can find the thread.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
You're right in the valley of the car capital of the world. Rather than risk the wrong information on a car forum, my strongest recommendation is to hit a good tire and wheel shop or a performance shop. Let them get you set up. If you're doing centering rings you may also need different lug bolts, and this is a safety issue (beyond a performance one), so you want to be sure it's 100% correct.

Plus, if you have an issue, you know exactly where to take it back to make them stand behind their work.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320 Convertible
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Brabus themselves are only 15 - 20 miles from me. They couldn't help because the wheel is discontinued and they stopped making the hub centric rings. AND to my surprise they could not tell me the size of the hub opening. I will stop at a wheel shop I know of on the way home and see if they can help.

·
Registered
92 190e 2.6 Sportline, 2005 clk55
1,197 Posts
Yes, it is the wheel bore diameter I need. I can not find it anywhere.
Unless they are reps or have been customized the bore should be 66.56. Also You can get a set of calipers for less than $10.

Correct me if I am wrong here but, Brabus only makes parts for MB and all MB hubs are 66.56. Have you tried the rim on the car?

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320 Convertible
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are correct for the most part but the center bore on some of the wheels are different. I can confirm this for fact with the monoblock IV unfortunately.

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320 Convertible
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are awesome, Thanks. And believe me I put A LOT into this search. Unbelievable I could not find it.

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320 Convertible
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup. I'm all set. THe OD = 76mm and the ID = 66.65mm. Found them on Ebay. Good luck. If you can not find them then contact one of the Hubcentric ring suppliers and I am sure they can make them for you. This is for the monoblock IV rims.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts