Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first-time poster, long-time reader.<br>
<br>
I'm just wondering how my C320 would look if I go from 16 to 17' wheels and not lower it at all? I mean, it's just one inch increase in diameter. Would the car looked jacked up? I donot have Sport pkg.<br>
<br>
I'm worried if I lower it the ride would suffer and problems in winter (snow.)<br>
<br>
the addditional 1' diameter would be like 1/2 inch addtl radius right? So 1/2 inch would go to filling the gap between tire and fender.. but the other 1/2 would actually go to RAISE the car further off the ground, am I correct?<br>
<br>
Im just wondring if it will look as bad as it sounds. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When you get larger wheels, you usually get lower profile tires. This means that the outside diameter of the tire is the same for either 16's or 17's. If the tires had a larger diameter, you would have to mess with the cars gearing, etc.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im riding on stock suspension with 17' wheels.<br> It does look good. Of course there is usual<br> gap over the wheels but it is the same as with<br> stock 16' rims. I've decided not to lower it<br> as we have poor roads and there is great chance<br> of damaging the wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts