Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
always changing
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my father has an 2003 sl500 and it needs upper control arm bushings, I have read threads referring to upgraded parts but none seem to mention part numbers or where one can get them. the current control arms are the one piece with the bushings type. I noticed on "http://www.germanstar.net/230s.htm#thumb" that they list the w211 as direct fit, but they are wrong, my indie ordered them and they do not fit, is there a different cross model control arm that will actually fit. My father is just looking at options before dropping $1400 at the dealer for a pair.

Thank you in advance.

Valerio

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
Wait a minute, As far as I know, The 129 AND the 230 chassis Have NO UPPER CONTROL ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have a LOWER control arm and a STRUT!!! THATS IT!!!!! There is a upper STRUT mount, They do fail with age. If this is what your talking about, $1400 for a pair is "stupid money" for these parts!!!!!!!! Please check back with better info!!! THANKS Please fill out your COMPLETE PROFILE!!!!! Thanks

·
Registered
always changing
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may not have the term correct, but upper control arm is what I was told he needed. I have a fax from the dealer with a blowup of the parts for the car. The actual part on the car is is a one piece unit but they quoted for a two piece unit.

Here's the breakdown:
picture number: B33030000052100621
catalog: 65P
group 33-front axle
subgroup: 030-steering knuckle and control arm

the part numbers I was given were:
230 330 1388 for $596.97(image 150) and 000 330 1007 for $133.74(image 155)
total price of two set with 13% sales tax was $1651.40

I hope this clarifies what I need.
Thank you again
Valerio

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
That sounds like a very high price to pay!!!!! You should talk to a local Tech. that works on this type of car. (NOT the STEALER) Dealer!!!!!! Do a little checking around before you lay down your Hard Earned CASH!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW you can save ALOT of cash on this job!!!!

·
Registered
always changing
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There aren't any local techs with experience on this model, the city I live in(Moncton, NB) has only 2 r230's and the closest dealer is 100 miles away. We basically have to do all the research and drop off the car with a parts list and instructions. Were the part numbers I was given the correct ones? Is there an after market dealer that carries them?

Thank you
Valerio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts