Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br><br>
<br><br>
I am new to this news group and I just bought a 99 CLK 430. It did not have xenons from the factory so I purchased them aftermarket and have installed them. They work fine but I notice that in the middle there is what looks to be a motor and connector that I don't have harness for. Can someone with xenons check and see if there is a connector going to the middle back of the headlight housing? It is almost dead center of the whole assembly. <br><br>
<br><br>
thanks,<br><br>
<br><br>
Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm doing the same - the motor and connector you noticed is the auto leveling actuator. I suspect power to this connector should be able to be spliced from the main headlamp housing connector?<br> How'd you remove the retention pins in the wheel arches?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: upgrading to Xenons

Tan,<br> <br> There are two bolts on each side of the bumper and it drops down. You don't need to take it all the way off just out and down a couple of inches. The first bolt is in the wheel well about where the bumper meets it going straight up. The other is accessed by pulling the side marker lamp housing out slightly and it is facing up. Once you release those two on each side you can pull the bumper out and down. The side bolt for the headlight assembly you access with a 8mm socket from the bottom of the car through the fog light panel that comes off. Let me know if you need more explanation.<br> <br> Where did you get your xenon's from? I noticed on Hella's website they have a self-leveling sensor kit for the E-Class Xenon upgrade kit but don't know if it will work with a CLK. I also don't know where to purchase this kit in the US.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Re: upgrading to Xenons

Pelzl,<br> Interesting - i thought I'd have to remove the front wheel wells where they connect to the fog lamp access panel - its the snap pins that secure this wheel well arch in place that I'm worried about snapping off when removed.<br> I got my xenon kit used. I understand that prior to the latest face lift, the lamp housing for the E class and CLK were interchangeable so Hella's kit could be used for the CLK. From your previous posting, sounds like you already have a self leveling sensor and actuator, you just need to get a new wiring harness to hook it up.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: upgrading to Xenons

Tan,<br> <br> I know what you are asking now about the fog lamp housing they do just pop out and can be reused. There were two types one with the center that comes out and some that were one piece. I don't remember which ones were used on the fog lamp panel. The leveler motor is connected to the center of the head lamp housing already with a connector to plug it in. The sensor comes in the Hella kit. Does your used kit have the motor connected to the housing? This is the link to hella and the part number for the kit is 9XB 155 268-001. I am also including the link. I am trying to find someone that can order this for me to try if it is not expensive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone please post pic of xenon setup

Best way to tell if a sensor is integrated into the leveling motor housing is to take a peek at a factory installed xenon. I think all that's needed is a new wiring harness? <br> <p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts