Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the SLK forum here. Just bought a 06 slk280. I've always like the sport/amg look and noticed pretty quickly here that many have upgraded their bumpers/side skirts as well. There are a few of these for sale on eebayy but the quality seems a bit on the questionable side. For those of you who have done this upgrade, where do you purchase the parts? Dealer? How much should I expect to pay also for the paint job and fitment onto my car?

Thanks in advance for all the help. Tried searching older posts but didn't find anything about the actual purchase itself of these parts.

·
Registered
2006 SLK350
24 Posts
New to the SLK forum here. Just bought a 06 slk280. I've always like the sport/amg look and noticed pretty quickly here that many have upgraded their bumpers/side skirts as well. There are a few of these for sale on eebayy but the quality seems a bit on the questionable side. For those of you who have done this upgrade, where do you purchase the parts? Dealer? How much should I expect to pay also for the paint job and fitment onto my car?

Thanks in advance for all the help. Tried searching older posts but didn't find anything about the actual purchase itself of these parts.
I have had the front bumper replaced on my 350 with Sports Package, so that would be equivalent to what you are looking at as far as upgrade from non-AMG to AMG (Sports Package). I had the bodyshop that my local dealership uses do the work, and parts+labor was $2500 on that job (which was paid for by insurance in my case). The side-skirts should be significantly cheaper, but the parts are definitely pretty expensive. For instance the non-AMG front bumper for the 06 is about $750 for the part, while the Sports Pack bumper is $1500 for just the part. The actual AMG bumper (with the air-vents on the side) is probably even more expensive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts