Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 c240 sedan with the standard 16" OEM wheels. I'm considering upgrading to the 17" OEM wheels (staggered), but I'm wondering if there's any downside. For example, will it negatively effect ride or road noise? Also, since I understand the sport editions are slightly lowered from the factory, will the 17" wheels look right on a standard sedan? Would appreciate any input, especially from anyone who's gone from 16" to 17" wheels. Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 c240
60 Posts
I have a 03 c240 and upgraded to 17s non staggered. I like the control of it and it looks a lot nicer. But I can tell the comfort is a little different. I can feel and hear more road noise. Mybe its just the tires dunno but there is a difference in control and comfort. I upraded to the stock 7 spoke wheels with the stock tires sport contact 2. Im sure the staggered will have a even better grip than my non staggered.

·
Registered
W204 & W211
2,717 Posts
once u upgrade to 17s, u'll feel the road more cuz of thinner tires, but it's not that bad... only bad thing about staggered is u can't rotate the rims... the car on 17s will look like SUV with stock suspension. if u aren't into handling/performance, then get H&R cup kit which drops nicely and handles like a stock...

FYI, this is 17" staggered with stock non-sport suspension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts