Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upgrading from a 2002 ML 500 with the Timport phone installed. I have had this phone removed at the dealership, but am getting conflicting reports as to whether or not it can successfully installed in the 2004.

Can someone point me in the right direction etc., as to what my options are>

Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 GLA 250, 2001 C 320
784 Posts
AFAIK it can be .....

When you say they have removed the hardware from your 2002, I assume you mean the PSE, Linear Compensator, Antenna Switch, and the phone/cradle/holder. If you have voice recognition, that should work as well.

I have the install bulletins for both MY MLs on a support website. The web address is at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsite/

You can download them both and compare the differences yourself. As you will see they use almost all the same pictures and verbage. The only real difference is they don't show the Timeport install. The reason isn't because it won't work. It's because they don't sell the Timeport any longer. The new PSE listed in the 2004 install bulletin does not work with a Timeport phone. You must use the one out of your '02. Let me know if you have any other questions. Please feel free to E-mail me. Remember, you will need to have the D2B network version coded at the dealership if you do the install yourself.

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. I have copied your information for the MB people. They still haven't gotten back to me yet. You say that it will work with my timeport? I hope so, since I don't want to pay for the whole installation and not have it work.

But I will forward all the information on to them and see how it goes. I will let you know.

Thanks so much..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I have copied your information for the MB people. They still haven't gotten back to me yet. You say that it will work with my timeport? I hope so, since I don't want to pay for the whole installation and not have it work.

But I will forward all the information on to them and see how it goes. I will let you know.

Thanks so much..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts