Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Mercedes 190E 2.6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been thinking of doing a few upgrades to the 190E 2.6, however I need a few clarification/confirmation on some things. I already used the search feature and read related threads but I just want to ultimately confirm. Also, some things I cannot find information on.

First off: Brakes
From what I read, a 4 piston caliper from a 300CE would bolt-on directly to the 190E. However, I got conflicting information about if it will fit to the stock 15-inch rims. Some have said 'yes', and some have said 'no'. Those that have said 'yes' also stated that there will be modifications needed to the dust shield to make it fit. What about using the dust shield from the 300CE? or just removing it? Also, while I'm at it, will also upgrade the master cylinder that will come from a later model Mercedes, however, my most concern is the fitment of the caliper and rotor to the stock 15-inch rims.

Secondly: Injectors (Can't find info on this)
Would injectors from an M104 3.0L be used on the M103 2.6L

Thirdly: M103 2.6 vs. 3.0 camshaft
The only information I can find on this is that they are in fact different, but cannot find the specifications for both of them. I would like to know the valve events of each (intake/exhaust open/close degrees and intake/exhaust lift) and if it's an interference engine or not.

I do not wanna have to buy several hundred dollars of parts for experimentation just to end up knowing that it is not compatible.

EDIT:
Also, would an 190D Turbo front right panel (the one with gills/vent) fit in a 190E and would it take the post 1988 (I think) plastic side accents? I just want it to look a lil' bit different cosmetically.

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,686 Posts
First off: Brakes
From what I read, a 4 piston caliper from a 300CE would bolt-on directly to the 190E. However, I got conflicting information about if it will fit to the stock 15-inch rims. Some have said 'yes', and some have said 'no'. Those that have said 'yes' also stated that there will be modifications needed to the dust shield to make it fit. What about using the dust shield from the 300CE? or just removing it? Also, while I'm at it, will also upgrade the master cylinder that will come from a later model Mercedes, however, my most concern is the fitment of the caliper and rotor to the stock 15-inch rims.
Yes most brakes from the 124 series cars will bolt on to the 201 series. I myself have E420/400E front brakes and 500E/SL600 rear brakes. These are coupled to a 420SEL brake booster and master cylinder (part numbers work out to be same as 500E)

I am currently running 15" rims, however it should be noted that these are from a W126 and are offset ET21.5. They fit the front of my w201 fine (although there is some minor rubbing however thats due to the fact that I'm lowered) In the rear, I had to grind down an edge on the calipers so that they wheels would clear. This is no big deal it was a minor edge (http://imgur.com/yckzn.jpg) and doesnt effect caliper operation.

I DO NOT believe that pre-88 w201 wheels will fit. I remember test fitting one on the rear end of the car and it would not clear the bump out for the piston on the caliper (offset was too high) However the w126 wheels work fine for my car.

I'm not sure about the dust shield. I'd have to look and see what I have on my car, I can't remember.

Some pics:
Secondly: Injectors (Can't find info on this)
Would injectors from an M104 3.0L be used on the M103 2.6L
This is the first i'm hearing of anything about m104 injectors on an m103. I dont think this is possible as the m104 uses a different fuel system than the m103. So I'd imagine the injectors would be different as well.

It looks to be that way:
m104:

m103:

EDIT:
Also, would an 190D Turbo front right panel (the one with gills/vent) fit in a 190E and would it take the post 1988 (I think) plastic side accents? I just want it to look a lil' bit different cosmetically.
Yes. The fender with the vents on it will work on all the w201s. It should be able to use the updated cladding panels as well.

Hope this answers some of your questions. In terms of upgrades/modifications. Heres my list for my 190E.

·
Registered
1992 Mercedes 190E 2.6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Regarding injectors: The 3.0L M104s also use continuous injection system. The later 2.8s and 3.2s switched to EFI. I just thought I'd ask since this website selling injectors have them and they looks similar with a little variation in item number. The one in the picture is from the later 2.8 or 3.2.

BTW JamesDean, nice mods/upgrades. :) :bowdown:

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,686 Posts
As best as I can tell, the 3.0 M104 Has the following Mercedes part numbered injector:
0000785823, which cross references into these engines:

The m103 uses 0000785623 which crosses to these engines:

I'm not sure of the physical or function differences. Looks like a slight difference in the nozzle at the bottom? Not sure of the effect..might be spray pattern differences..and other such things..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts