Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been considering buying a C230 coupe, but after the test drive, have a few questions.<br> <br> My biggest problem while driving it was the shifter. It felt loose and disconnected, almost no feel while shifting. Are there aftermarket kits available to fix this? My second question is power. It was decently quick, but I was hoping for more. Are there chips are what not available to boost it? Are there any plans to offer a 6 cylinder in it in the future?<br> <br> Thanks for any help - <br> Mike

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i am having a c coupe too...i agree that the shifter feel wierd...i didnt even feel the so call 'touch shift'...this is mainly due to the lag in reaction time..but after a few spins..u will get used to it...<br> <br> there are a lot of upgrade kits to boast the power of it...from brabus..theres a pully kit with a brabus exhaust system (called k3)...give u 230 or 220 hps....and thers another guy here in the forum (mach430) which sells the kleemann kit...well..i dunno abt u..but i prefer brabus...<br> <br> i heard from other ppl in this forum that a c320 coupe will come out...but the news is not confirmed by my local dealer.<br> <br> overall..i feel that c coupe is a pretty good buy..my family owns a clk...slk...s class...sl..and i must say that c coupe is worth the money..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Kleemann kit outperforms Brabus, and cost a fraction of the price.

With the Kleemann Power Boost Kit, you'll get a 20% increase in HP and Torque.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Numbers:

From 192HP/200lb-ft torque to 230 HP/239lb-ft torque. Install is simple enough for most local shops to perform. If you have any more questions about this, please contact me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Numbers:

Mach430...i haven buy any kits..but i am intending to get 1...i am not bias against kleemann or towards brabus..but u noe...brabus is just a more established brand..<br> <br> how much is urs going for??...where are u located..i am in san francico..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Numbers:

While Kleemann's reputation does not go back very long in the USA, they have established a great reputation in Europe over the past 15 years. For pricing information, please click on my name (above) and send me an email.

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes C230 Kompressor WITH MANY UPGRADES
11 Posts
hey about the kleemann kit your are selling.. What is your contact information, please email [email protected] all of your kleemann kit info and pricing because I have one in my car and want to know what its worth

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Kleemann stopped making pulley kits for the C230 for a long times now. Are you looking at a 2002 C230 coupe or newer. There are pulley kits for the 2002 C230 with the 2.3L motor that will get you about 30HP jump. There are no pulley kits for the 2003 C230 coupe and newer that are worth considering. Even with a chip you'll be lucky to get 10HP and they are very expensive. If you want more power in the newer C230 Coupe, get a C320 V6 coupe, you'll be much happier. Also, the shifter on the 2002 and 2003 is pretty bad, the clutch is worse. They improved it in 2004 and then again in 2005, the last year for the coupe.

·
Registered
2001 C320
136 Posts
If you want something with power, upgrade to the C320 or go for AMG. The C230 has a 2.3 or 2.4 liter engine, which is an underpowered C320. Get the kompressor and you'll break the 200 hp mark.

There are plenty of Mercs with power--the ones I've listed above aren't them. The question is: how much power do you want? If you have the bucks, go for the C32 or the CL55 or CL65. It's pretty much relative. A modded chip may make different peaks, but it's not a larger engine. Don't expect too much gain from it and don't expect some po-dunk company to design engine programs better than Mercedes engineers, who spend over $1,000,000 a day on R&D. Granted, the R&D is on the 2009 S class, most likely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts