Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2006 C55 ///AMG
18 Posts
Tri-Star said:
Ok i've read through the post and this seems very interesting but how exactly does it work? Do you replace an ecu chip or have the ecu reflashed? I Once this ecu is reflashed is there anything additional that needs to be done? What would my total HP be for a c320 with this ecu chip? Would I also need to have this installed by a MB dealership?

Also, is there an option to have a S/C put onto my engine? If so where could one be found and how much does it usually run? I'm worried about having additional problems after modding my car.
Tri-Star, I think you have the C320 right? I think that's a 3.2L V6 that made 215 hp and 221 lb-ft stock. The SI chips says it does a lot to that engine, in the range of 20 - 30 so maybe you'll be making 240hp. If so you will feel that. I would put on a Green or K&N filter too. Hard to believe really but maybe the C320 was seriously detuned. I went with the 93 octane code because I use super all the time anyway. That just gives the tuner the opportunity to push the settings a little more. The JLevi/Speed Innovation ECU is a re-flash so (1) you pull out your computer, very easy, and (2) FedEx it to the tuner, then (3) they overwrite the stock fuel and spark maps and throttle position sensitivity, maybe they do more, and then they (4) over-night it back to you and (4) you just snap it back in. You don't buy a new computer and you don't need the dealership for anything. In fact, once the code is rewritten it is near impossible for them to even know without reverse engineering it so it has no effect on your warranty. Nor is the computer "sealed" with sticker like Ford's where if you pull it out you void the warranty. At $500 it's almost a no-brainer if you want a little boost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
taxi615 said:
I've got 5psi on a stock 2002 c230K (2.3L)

the ECU is a reflash.

I will be doing both crank and superchager pulley during winter and flashing the ECU so if any of you want I could post pics and dyno results next spring.

I was at the dealer today and my mecanic told me the 1.8L version where not very stong motors and pretty much at there peek already, but the 2.3L version could handle a lot more HP(stronger motor). I think the 1.8L is already boosting 10 or 11 psi stock so a flash of the ECU and a crank pulley would be at the most for those engines.

Thanks Taxi! I appreciate the help!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 c230K black coupe
113 Posts
just trying to have more tunners out there like me I'm the only Benz in Québec that is tunned.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really want to upgrade my 2002 c230 koupe. I want an asp pulley to start, then suspension and wheel. I want more performance, though, I do not think there is a top end on that. I just want enough power to make the tires squeal.:D

·
Registered
2006 C55 ///AMG
18 Posts
jagsy said:
I really want to upgrade my 2002 c230 koupe. I want an asp pulley to start, then suspension and wheel. I want more performance, though, I do not think there is a top end on that. I just want enough power to make the tires squeal.:D
Don't skip the ECU upgrade either, with forced induction you get even more bang for your buck tweaking the computer settings than us (jealous) naturally aspirated folks.

·
Registered
C320 4matic
1,743 Posts
Drop-a-Daimler said:
Tri-Star, I think you have the C320 right? I think that's a 3.2L V6 that made 215 hp and 221 lb-ft stock. The SI chips says it does a lot to that engine, in the range of 20 - 30 so maybe you'll be making 240hp. If so you will feel that. I would put on a Green or K&N filter too. Hard to believe really but maybe the C320 was seriously detuned. I went with the 93 octane code because I use super all the time anyway. That just gives the tuner the opportunity to push the settings a little more. The JLevi/Speed Innovation ECU is a re-flash so (1) you pull out your computer, very easy, and (2) FedEx it to the tuner, then (3) they overwrite the stock fuel and spark maps and throttle position sensitivity, maybe they do more, and then they (4) over-night it back to you and (4) you just snap it back in. You don't buy a new computer and you don't need the dealership for anything. In fact, once the code is rewritten it is near impossible for them to even know without reverse engineering it so it has no effect on your warranty. Nor is the computer "sealed" with sticker like Ford's where if you pull it out you void the warranty. At $500 it's almost a no-brainer if you want a little boost.
Hmm I'm a little nervous about sending out my car's ecu plus how do you know they reflash it. With my old wrx I could plug an accessport right into the car and reflash. If I wanted to reflash back to stock would I have to send the ecu back out and would I have to once again pay? I will prob upgrade my ecu eventually after some more cosmetics. :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts