Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
A140 w210*99 190E*84
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a W210 1999' carrying an audio10 cassette player which really sucks; want to upgrade to anything better without losing wheel-command option or having any other conflicts. My local dealer-service says that is not possible. i am planning to buy one nad plug it by myself. will that cause any malfunction? please helppppppppppp.[B)][:(]

·
Registered
1999 E320 Wagon
367 Posts
You have buttons on your 99 steering wheel? Wow. Any way the new 2005 Alpine head units (cda-9853, 9855)have the ability to interface with steering wheel controls. I think you may need an interface module. The Alpine units can interface with iPods or you can play mp3's off the CD. The CDA line maxes out at about $500 us.

I haven't been looking into this to hard as my car was hit 3 months ago and I'm still trying to get everything fixed; so audio upgrades are currently low on my list.

I am also not aware of any special european features you might loose by going to a non-merc headunit. My plan was to install the Alpine unit into the storage compartment under the factory headunit so I could keep the factory look and the weather band.

Hope I have been of some assistance.

·
Registered
A140 w210*99 190E*84
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[;)] is there any problem if i try to plug in a becker monza? what about those interface modules. do I need to reprogram anything, security codes, etc. or is everything plug&play? the service in greece is horrible concerning audio/telephone stuff. I was hoping to find something like a complete kit (headunit/plugs/converters/data cables/ etc) and put it all by myself; or has it to be done by an expertise?

anyway thanx for yr concern

·
Registered
51 Posts
www.perfectmarketaudio.com

I had a cassette player in mine, just bought one of these and it was installed in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
A140 w210*99 190E*84
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wanna go for the becker monza.. are u sure is not cause any trouble to the steering wheel command buttons and the head display? ...
[8)]

·
Registered
A140 w210*99 190E*84
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i suppose the only solution is going for audio 10 cd player then. do i need any extra cable / reprogramming ? or i can do it just by myself?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts