Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of my slk 55 amg this weekend....
Wow!! Enough said!!
Will post pix and details over the next week when I stop driving it for long enough to take the pictures!![:D]

My question is, does anybody have any info on the latest mods for the car?? i.e. Driving whilst watching DVD's, region free DVD's?? Chip mod for the engine? Opening roof whilst driving? opening roof without having to keep your hand on the button?? etc etc?
Would appriecate anything useful from current slk or slk 55 owners as I am already wishing to get the best out of this fantastic car!!

Many thanks

Matt

Newcastle Uppon Tyne, UK

·
Registered
SL350
53 Posts
Congrats on getting your car. I am sure that you will love it!!

Have a look on www.r171.co.uk for various bits and pieces. With regard to the roof module check on this forum as there seems to be a huge delay on getting this.

Regards

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
You are kidding about opening the roof whilst moving I hope.

The air pressure from the air flow over the car would rip the roof off.

You need http://www.r171.info/ for mods but their delivery looks a bit suspect. Some people have been waiting for months.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Hi Geordie - u're the first Brit (ok Geordie) to have a 55 in the UK on this forum - wots it like - my 350 is awesome so the 55 must be something else. The roof module - if it ever happens is well worthwile - i had one on my R170 from Bipes in the States and it woz real good. Get some pics posted.

Enjoy,

Wool.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys,

Heard you can open roof up to 30mph with a certain mod... Understand that much over that speed would cause damage!!

The 55 is an awesome car but I wont be able to comment too much on its performance unitl I run it in, so far only 28 miles on the clock!! So when over 1000 miles I will give the engine some stick!!

Hope to post pics in the next few days.
I took every option available expect park tronic (Think it ruins the look of the car, and its a small car anyway and easy to park)
So over the next few weeks if anybody wants info on any extras then let me know and I will post my thoughts.

been on www.r171.co.uk but are a bit concerned about ordering from them due to the stack of negative comments regarding service.

By the way, if you havent ordered your slk yet, my advice is to ask the dealer to request the number plate holder NOT to be fixed to the car. This way if you want to display short plates etc you wont have ugly holes where the holder used to be!! You can always get the plate holder put on when you collect the car, it just gives you options thats all.
I didnt do this and now have a headache over fitting my short private reg on a massive holder!!

·
Registered
SLK 350
69 Posts
Hi Geordie I am from Newcastle too! I guess we go to the same dealer, I think I might have seen your car. My salesman took me round the back to see a silver 55 with black/white seats last weekend. He kept saying how amazing the 55 sounded - hope they did not take yours round the block for a spin [:0].

My AMG kitted 350 has yet to arrive, was given a build date of 3rd decade Feb so should be anyday now. When was the build date for your 55?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts